As October is drawing to a close and November is right around the corner, I would like to share with you a new pumpkin recipe today.
Pumpkin Pie Bread
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture alternately with water. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Use a regular muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Substitute half of the pumpkin puree for summer squash puree
My family absolutely loves this bread. I would love for you to share your favorite recipe or tradition for fall.