In light of the Legacy Campaign for Proverbs 31 Ministries, I decided that my blessings this week would be women of faith that have impacted my life.
- Mary Taylor (Grandma) ~ I remember going to church with her and grandpa when I spent the night. She was a minister’s wife for many years and therefore, at the church to do whatever needed to be done. The church has always been an integral part of my grandma’s life. Her example drove this home to me growing up.
- Helen Chezem ~ Helen was my Sunday School teacher when I was in elementary school. She helped me as a new Christian to grow in my faith as well as teaching me the importance of memorizing scripture. I still remember climbing the “mountain” in our classroom as I memorized verses and began to recall them in times of trouble.
- Kay Taylor (Mom) ~ She showed by example the kind of Godly wife and mother I needed to be. My parents have been married for over 40 years, which is rare in this day and age. They are even more in love with each other than when they were first married. Even in light of various trials and circumstances, she has remained grounded in her faith. My mom has also taught me that no matter your age or spiritual maturity, digging into the Word through personal devotions and Bible studies are so important.
- Barb Theiss ~ Barb was placed in my life at one of the darkest times in my life when my husband left our three small children and me. She had walked the same road a few years before me, so she was there to lift me up, help and encourage me when many others turned away. Barb’s counsel brought me back close to God, so that my heart could be healed. I could not have made it through that valley without Barb becoming God’s hands and feet for me.
- Lucy Spelbring ~ When I think of the proverbs 31 woman in the Bible, my mind immediately goes to my Grandma Lucy. She had such an incredible work ethic and accomplished more before lunchtime than most people accomplished all day. Her faith showed through in her actions. She went out of her way to help and encourage others. She was the glue and spiritual framework that the family built upon.
I am so thankful that God blessed me with these women and several others to help shape and encourage me on my faith walk.
It is your turn, who has left a legacy in your life? I would love for you to share your story in the comment section and I will randomly select one woman to be honored for the Proverbs 31 Legacy Campaign.